For years, Kuantum Flooring has been helping people explore their flooring choices. We know that honesty, skill and in-depth knowledge of hardwood flooring is the key to the success of Kuantum Flooring. We carry only good quality wood products that we ourselves use at Wholesale Pricing saving you up to 50% off Retail pricing.
We all dislike Terms & Policies and we wish we could run a business with just a handshake but in order to protect both you and us we have a responsibility to post them clearly below. Please remember that we depend on our customers and will do our best to accommodate you for any reasonable requests.
- We guarantee that all the flooring we sell is good quality. We do not retail any manufacturers "Liquidations", "2nds", "Rejected" or other inferior runs of flooring. Remember though, that different Manufacturers Brands are not always the same quality.
- By purchasing any product from Kuantum Flooring you agree to all the terms listed below and that you have read and understand our Flooring 101 regarding customer expections and explains important information about wood flooring.
- Differences in color between boards is common and is part of Nature. Flooring is sold by product name and particular sku #, NOT by batch lot numbers. Manufacturers Flooring purchased may or may not match same flooring you purchased month(s) ago. Although we try extremely hard to reproduce the exact flooring colors, the colors shown may vary in color from the actual flooring. This is due to different monitors being used to view the pictures, scan and image quality, etc. Our pictures are only meant to help guide you with your color choices. If this is a concern we recommend viewing the flooring in our showroom first or obtaining samples (if available) prior to ordering. Be advised that small samples may contain one of many colors found in all the floor boards within a floor. Information and descriptions shown on this website are believed to be accurate at time of publishing but due to ever changing conditions above and beyond our control, Kuantum Flooring makes no implied guarantees of its accuracies.
- There are few flooring Manufacturers that make their own moldings they are manufactured by other companies that provide that service. Moldings are generic and may not be an exact match to your flooring color, moldings are sold as a complimentary color to that flooring. We suggest installing particular floorboards that best match the molding color next to where the molding is going to be installed for a gradual color match. Moldings may have slight design variations. In rare cases of availability issues Kuantum Flooring reserves the right to substitute one brand for another.
- It is recommended that you NOT install or schedule the flooring to be installed until your whole flooring order is delivered. It is also recommended to bring the flooring into the home as soon as it is delivered and to allow the wood flooring to acclimate properly prior to it being installed. It is also recommend to intermix floorboards from 4-5 cartons at a time during the installation for a better color mix within the floor. Manufacturers warranties require compatibility moisture readings recorded for both your flooring and your subfloor prior to it being installed. Do not store wood flooring in garages or sheds or where temperatures or moisture levels can vary greatly.
- Check for visibly defective planks, and do not use them. Any flooring, inlcuding the boards with visible defects, that has been installed is deemed to be accepted by the consumer. No claim will be accepted in this case.
- Any manufacturers implied pre-installation "Board for Board" replacement warranty such as the one from Mannington Flooring will be subject to "You, the consumer" paying at your own expense the shipping cost of the questionable floor boards to and from us or our distributors location.
- Prices can change frequently and at any time. We reserve the right to not sell the product to any specific customer(s) and/or below our costs. We cannot rebate or honor any possible future lower prices shown days, weeks or months later after an order has been placed. Due to manufacturers packing restraints wood flooring carton square footages are calculated as close as possible to stated carton footages.
- Remember wood flooring is not a perfect product. If you are very particular, we would suggest that you choose a different floor covering than real wood flooring as wood flooring is a product of Nature and can contain tiny impurities in product milling/finishing. The accepted point of view from which to inspect a wood floor is from a standing position under normal lighting. Looking for minor imperfections on your hands and knees or at a particular light angle is not a valid means of determining acceptance of a hardwood floor. In the rare event you suspect defect(s) within the first 2 cartons of flooring STOP installing the flooring and call us. We will not issue credit for cartons opened after the first 2. You, the consumer will be obligated to bring us the boards or e-mail us digital pictures clearly showing the defect(s). If the defect(s) is covered within the manufacturers warranty, we will ask the distributor/manufacturer to replace the defective piece(s). Remember that 5% (10% for exotic wood) of your flooring order is expected to be the waste factor. If after viewing the pictures the manufacturer feels that you have no claim and you still feel the claim is valid then we can provide you with a list of independent inspection firms local to you. If in fact the independent inspector finds a warranty covered defect within the flooring, then the manufacturer may at their option reimburse you (reasonable) inspection fees along with material replacement or demand their own inspection. If a proven defect is found, Kuantum Flooring will use all methods available to us to expedite the remedy from the manufacturer. The claim process can take 1-4 weeks or more before obtaining an answer from the manufacturer. This process is no different than if you purchased the flooring anywhere else.
- It is common with hardwood floors for some planks to have a slight bow in them. This is not a manufacturing defect. The deflection can be up to 1 inch. Once the floor board has been interlocked to other flooring and/or stapled or direct glued down, the board(s) will conform and fit normally.
- FOR YOUR SECURITY and as required by the credit card companies. All credit card information you place with Kuantum Flooring is sent directly to your credit card companies encrypted processing data base this provides you with the best security for your personal information. Kuantum Flooring does not store or collect any credit card information on any of our databases. Due to this high level of security, your credit card is processed for the amount of your order as soon as the order is placed by you.
- PRODUCT AVAILABILITY : Most products offered by Kuantum Flooring are in stock, some can take approximately 3-7 business days to receive. But in some rare cases some flooring styles and/or moldings could take 3 weeks or more to receive. If you should be concerned about the availability of any particular product, call us at 801-263-9663 where we will check stock prior to you ordering. If the product is not in stock at time of call and you would like to pay for the flooring to guarantee availability when it becomes in stock, simply let us know and we can take your payment over the phone and notify you once the product comes in. Beware that there may be back orders on these products and they are filled first. It is important that you get on the list by ordering it early. Kuantum Flooring makes every effort to relay the correct product availability information to you from the information we are given from either our distributors or manufacturers. Due to possible due in date changes to them, Kuantum Flooring nor its employees make any guarantee availability of dates will be correct, do not plan your installation date until the flooring and any accessories has been delivered to you.
- Order cancellations for non-stock items: Cancellation after the order has been shipped from the distributors, you the consumer (purchaser) will be charged a 35% cancellation and restocking charges (charged to us by our distributors and credit card companies). You will also be responsible for all incurred shipping charges to ship the material from and back to our distributors. Underlayment and moldings cannot be cancelled or returned for refund.
- Order cancellations for stock items: Cancellation for orders that are in stock, paid for but not pick up, you will be charged a 10% cancellation charge (administration fees and credit card fees). Underlayment and moldings cannot be cancelled or returned for refund.
Products that are not in stock will have a 300 sqft minimum order quantity. If customers do not purchase enough cartons and wish to receive additional cartons will incur shipping costs.
If you should have any questions, please feel free to call our Customer Service at 801-263-9663 Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 5:30PM MST, Saturday 12:00PM - 5:30PM.
Flooring and shipping costs (if applies) are to be prepaid at time of order. We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover, personal checks, business checks, money orders and cash.
In the rare event you should change your mind after purchasing a flooring, we offer a full refund less a 25% (35% plus any shipping costs from and back to the distributors if products have to be shipped in) restocking charge. We cannot refund the cost of underlayment and moldings. We MUST be notified no later than 30 days from date of purchase. Special orders, Discontinued flooring or Custom milled hardwood flooring orders cannot be returned.
For Returns, including overage returns these Steps MUST be followed:
- You must return within the first 30 calendar days from the date of purchase. Any merchandise returned after the 30 days will be refused. If you refuse to accept the delivery of the material where the material is shipped back to the distributors, you will incur a 35% restocking charge plus actual shipping costs.
- We can only take back full, unopened and undamaged cartons. (Its recommended keeping a carton or two in case you need to make repairs in the future). Re-taped cartons are considered as opened and will not be accepted.
- We do not accept returns on moldings or accessories, such as underlayment padding, glue and adhesives. Moldings are generic and may not be an exact match to your flooring color, moldings are sold as a complimentary color. We suggest installing particular floorboards that best match the molding color next to where the molding is going to be installed for a gradual color match.
- All wood flooring manufacturers recommend that you purchase 5% (10% for exotic wood) additional flooring to use as a waste factor.
Once we receive the returns and confirm that all the above conditions have been met, we will issue credit to your account.
To obtain proper credit, please return your flooring cartons in the original conditions. Any cartons with damanged packaging/planks or are opened will not be accepted. Certain products may require the manufacturers inspection first before credit is allowed. Please allow up to 4 weeks for your credit to be processed.
We ship tremendous amounts of flooring a year throughout the United States. This high volume of shipping allows us "Huge discounts with our freight carriers" which in turn Kuantum Hardwood Flooring passes directly to you. Our discount saves you hundreds of dollars.
The process of shipping and delivery is simple. We receive your order and you can pick up if order is in stock. If product is not in stock, the shipment goes out from our distributors within 24-48 hours or longer depends on availability. Shipping time is usually between 3-7 days. We will call you once the product arrives so that you can come pick up. We also provide Curbside Delivery or Inhouse Delivery at additional charge. Delivery charge depends on the delivery area and conditions. However, in extremely rare cases you may live in a very rural area or in such a congested area that we may not be able to deliver your product either Curbside or Inhouse. In the case that you want us to ship the product from the distributors directly to you, the freight companies can sub-contract the delivery out to a smaller local trucking company to deliver to you and it could take longer. All these delivery will be Curbside only and the trucker will not help you to move the products inside your house. Under extreme cases, the trucking company might ask you to pick up your product from a local terminal if they cannot get to your area. These options are up to you and any added cost will be paid by you. Kuantum Flooring is only responsible to arrange the order to be picked up by the trucking company.
Freight Company policies - IMPORTANT MUST READ!
Freight Companies have certain terms and conditions, which we all have to abide by. Kuantum Flooring has partnered with the very best freight carriers and these companies have high quality control standards. Claims are a rarity and our customers find these carriers to be extremely helpful with deliveries.
Someone MUST be there to accept the delivery and it is your responsibility to bring the flooring into the home. Freight Company Drivers will unload the pallet if liftgated service is available. Or else, they will only cut the band strips that hold the cartons to the pallet and hand you down the cartons from the back of the truck. Any optional arrangements for any lift gate or inside home delivery service including costs should be asked for and paid for by you when you arrange for delivery.
Whoever accepts the delivery MUST check the outside of the cartons for proper quantity and correct item numbers before signing for the order. If you should have any questions, before or during your delivery, please contact our Customer Service at 801-263-9663.
Never Refuse a Delivery... Your flooring is shipped Insured- If you receive an order with damaged material do not simply refuse the order. Each order is made up of individual cartons that may not be damaged. Accepting a delivery is the fastest method of us replacing the damaged material for you. If you refuse an order and it is returned to us you will be charged a 30% restocking fee for any undamaged cartons of flooring or material, plus shipping costs.
In the rare event there is damage to the actual material itself, YOU MUST Note of the number of damaged carton(s) or missing item(s) on the drivers Delivery receipt. IF WHOEVER IS ACCEPTING THE SHIPMENT OR THE PURCHASER (YOU) fail to note visible damage or missing items or if you later refuse to allow the damaged item(s) to be inspected by the freight company for any reason, we will be unable to file an insurance claim against the carrier and you will be responsible for costs for additional stock and shipping. Freight companies reserve the right to examine the damaged material and any damaged items, once inspected, become the property of the freight company so DO NOT USE OR DISPOSE OF ANY DAMAGED ITEMS. Any concealed damage seen later MUST be notified to us within 48 hours.
Occasionally, at the time of delivery, you may find a scuffed, ripped, or torn carton. This is not serious unless the actual flooring or item itself has been damaged. It is possible, from time to time, to receive carton(s) of flooring that have minor freight damage to one or two sections of a few boards within a carton of perfectly good ones. At time of delivery, make note of any damaged cartons on the driver’s delivery receipt. Accept the cartons and open them for further inspection. In this scenario, where only a few pieces within a carton are damaged, cut the damaged portion of the board off during installation so the majority of the board is usable. If a greater percent of the boards within a carton are damaged then you should put all of the damaged boards together and combine them to create a single carton(s) of solely damaged product to be claimed as damaged freight. A single damaged piece or two does not warrant the entire carton of flooring to be discarded. REMEMBER YOU ARE COVERED AS LONG AS YOU MAKE IT NOTED ON THE DRIVERS DELIVERY RECEIPT AT TIME OF DELIVERY THAT THERE ARE DAMAGED CARTONS OR ITEMS.
If you should have any questions, before or during your delivery, please contact our Customer Service at 801-263-9663.
If your flooring is sold with a warranty, you will be covered for anything that may arise within and under the guidelines of that particular manufacturers warranty. Manufacturers warranties DO NOT cover - damage caused by improper maintenance, water damage, damage to the flooring caused by abnormal environmental issues such as higher or lower than normal moisture conditions causing buckling, cupping, checking or contraction within the wood, improper installation or indentation damage (including spiked heels), scratching or any damage caused by items being dropped, rolled or dragged on the flooring, visibly defective planks that are installed. Wood Flooring is a product of Nature and can contain tiny impurities in product milling/finishing. Warranties do not cover color changes or fading within the floor, this is caused by direct light. We recommend using directional mini blinds to direct the sunlight upwards off the flooring and furniture.
Since most problems with flooring are a result of improper maintenance, installation and/or poor existing jobsite conditions which are not covered in the warranty. Manufacturers require the purchaser to hire an independent flooring inspector to first evaluate any warranty claim. If the problem falls within the scope of that particular manufacturers warranty reasonable inspection costs may be paid by the manufacturer. Manufacturers also reserve the right to reject any report and hire their own inspection service to evaluate the flooring.
Differences in color between boards is common and is part of Nature. Flooring is sold by product name and particular sku #, NOT by batch lot numbers. Manufacturers flooring purchased may or may not match same flooring you purchased month(s) ago. Any flooring that has been installed is deemed to be accepted by the consumer. Any claim or litigation concerning the quality, performance or the intended use of the wood flooring purchased by you is to be directed to the manufacturer of the flooring. Kuantum Flooring only commitment is to act as a liaison for recording the claim to the respected distributor/manufacturer for review. Kuantum Flooring (www.kuantumflooring.com) does not manufacturer any wood flooring and makes no other implied or expressed warranties. Modifications to our terms and policies page and our products may be updated at any time.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
Kuantum Flooring does not make any representation about the suitability of any of the materials shown on this website for any purpose. Other than the stated manufacturers warranty that may apply all such material are provided as is without warranty and any kind, express or implied. Kuantum Flooring specifically disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, and/or fitness for a particular purpose. Kuantum Flooring will not have any liability or responsibility for errors in specifications written within the content of this site or any other damage you may incur in connection with this site. Your use of this site is at your own risk. Kuantum Flooring, or its affiliates, agents or employees will not be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental consequential damages arising out of any use in any way or in any way connected with the use of this website. By purchasing any product from Kuantum Flooring it is agreed that any litigation concerning the quality or any possible damage that may occur from the use of this flooring be litigated in Salt Lake County UT. Some states and jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages.